August 21, 2026 at 10:01 AM
||Preview
Chelsea receive Adam Wharton transfer confirmation
0
Chelsea receive huge Adam Wharton transfer hint
Make us your Google favourite
Crystal Palace boss Pierre Sage has told Chelsea and Manchester City that Adam Wharton will not be sold before the end of the summer transfer window, although he has refused to rule out a departure in 2027.
The England midfielder has been heavily linked with a Selhurst Park exit for several months, however he now looks set to remain at the club as Sage aims to avoid any late sales following the departure of Maxence Lacroix earlier this summer.
Chelsea have been tipped to pursue a deal for Wharton before Transfer Deadline Day if Enzo Fernandez is sold to Manchester City, while Enzo Maresca’s side are interested in the 22-year-old if they are unable to finalise a deal for the Argentina superstar. Liverpool have been linked too, although their interest appears to have diminished in recent weeks.
However, Sage believes that a sale will not be finalised during the final two weeks of the window, but he has hinted that Wharton will be allowed to leave the club next summer.
“I think now is not the moment to do that (sell Wharton),” Sage told reporters during his pre-match press conference ahead of Crystal Palace’s first game of the new Premier League season versus Everton on Saturday.
“I think he is able to play in another club, in a big club, here or everywhere in Europe. But I think one year with us, with a new dynamic, will be good for him, and we need him. That’s why I think he will stay with us.”
Wharton, who has made 96 appearances for Crystal Palace since his arrival from Blackburn Rovers, still has three years remaining on his current contract at the club, and his Estimated Transfer Value (ETV) stands at €53 million.
Crystal Palace to sign Axel Disasi
While Chelsea are set to miss out on Wharton this summer, they have reached an agreement with Crystal Palace over a loan deal for Axel Disasi.
The Blues had been eager to finalise a permanent transfer for the Frenchman, who impressed on loan at West Ham United during the second half of last season, but they have now agreed to send him on loan to Palace for 2026-27.
Sage’s side were interested in fellow Chelsea star Josh Acheampong earlier this summer, but the England U21 international looks set to stay at Stamford Bridge and they have moved quickly to finalise a deal for Disasi.

Comments (0)
WC26HUB FAN CLUB
Sign in to share your thoughts.