August 17, 2026 at 07:59 AM
||official
Chelsea receive official Morgan Gibbs-White transfer message
0
Chelsea receive Morgan Gibbs-White transfer verdict
Make us your Google favourite
Chelsea have been told that Morgan Gibbs-White is not for sale before Transfer Deadline Day after registering their interest in the Nottingham Forest attacker earlier this summer.
Gibbs-White was heavily linked with a high-profile move to Tottenham Hotspur last year, but he eventually signed a new contract at The City Ground instead and he enjoyed a spectacular 2025-26 campaign, playing a crucial role as Forest avoided relegation.
The England attacking midfielder scored 18 goals and provided seven assists in 53 games across all competitions last season, and his form has unsurprisingly alerted a number of top Premier League clubs, including Chelsea.
The Blues finalised the signing of Aston Villa superstar Morgan Rogers for a fee worth €138 million in July, but they were interested in Gibbs-White during the early stages of the summer window, as per The media , and they could feasibly look to rekindle their interest in the 26-year-old if they sell Enzo Fernandez to Manchester City.
The Argentina international is eager to leave west London in order to reunite with former boss Enzo Maresca at The Etihad Stadium, and negotiations over a deal worth around €140m are expected to ramp up over the next few days following City’s 3-0 defeat to Arsenal in the Community Shield on Sunday afternoon.
Chelsea are likely to pursue a deeper midfielder if Fernandez departs, with Bournemouth’s Alex Scott on their radar, although they could look to lure Gibbs-White to Stamford Bridge if Xabi Alonso wants to replace the Argentine’s goal threat in the final-third.
However, they have now been issued a very clear ‘hands-off’ message by new Nottingham Forest boss Oliver Glasner.
Morgan Gibbs-White transfer statement
Gibbs-White changed his agent earlier this summer, with the Englishman now represented by ROOF, however Glasner has confirmed that a sale will not be permitted before the transfer window closes on 1 September.
“It was clear after selling Elliot Anderson that none of our starters will leave the club. That's a commitment from the ownership and no player has asked to leave the club,” he told reporters (via The media ).
“[Gibbs-White leaving] was never a topic. We didn't have to talk about it - it was a non-verbal agreement. We looked each other in the eye, because we want to be successful. If we want to strengthen the squad it makes no sense to sell starters.”
Gibbs-White has an Estimated Transfer Value (ETV) of €51m and his current contract at Nottingham Forest runs until 2028.

Comments (0)
WC26HUB FAN CLUB
Sign in to share your thoughts.